Thursday 19 January 2012

My Work Log

September

I began to look at the names of different newspapers and made a spider diagram of the different possibilities and combinations for my own. I chose the name for my newspaper to be the ‘Manchester Express’. I think this is a suitable name as it sounds professional. Also it has the place name ‘Manchester’ in it to show that the newspaper is specially produced for people who live in Manchester.

I took two different front pages from the Manchester Evening News newspaper and analysed the different techniques used on each of them. They use the same distinct layout which establishes the newspaper to the target audience.

I analysed different newspaper front pages to see the different types of techniques used. I discovered that the techniques between the front pages of a tabloid and a broadsheet differ significantly. On a broadsheet the ratio of text to images is greater than that of a tabloid.

October

I have begun researching for my ancillary project. I have decided to produce a radio advertisement and a billboard advertisement to promote my newspaper.

I analysed different radio advertisements. By doing so I have noticed that the voices used are enthusiastic and the advert is distinctive so the listener remembers the advert.
I began to produce my radio advertisement. I will use Audacity to complete this project.

I also analysed the different features of billboard advertisements. This helped me to produce my own billboard advertisement for my newspaper which I produced on Adobe Photoshop.

To help me determine the layout that i will use for my newspaper I have made templates of different newspapers, regional and local, broadsheet and tabloid.

I have now started to produce my newspaper. I have decided to use Adobe photoshop as I think this will be the most appropriate programme to produce my product.

November
I have looked at various local newspapers such as the Salford Advertiser and the Manchester Evening News to see what types of stories they place on the front page and 2nd page of their newspaper. This helped me to determine what stories I will include in my newspaper.

I have started to write up different stories to put in my newspaper. I have also began taking photos to accompany these stories.

December
I looked into the types of language in different newspapers. I have noticed that they use emotive language in their articles to provoke emotion from the reader. In tabloid newspapers they use language to portray their biased view to the reader. The use of language persuades the reader to believe the same side of the story as the newspaper.
I have started to produce a presentation where I am analysing the guardian and the mirror. They have both published the same story on the front cover but in two different ways.

January
11th January - I have began to produce my newspaper on photoshop.

February
I have began my second page I decided to change my mian cover story so I am taking different pictures.

March
I have completed my media product. I am now going to start my evaluation on powerpoint

No comments:

Post a Comment